Skip to content
Lawrence E. Mercker - 1255 N. Gulfstream Ave. Unit 907, Sarasota FL 34236 - zetetica@Icloud.com
- 30 years of successful operational management and leadership resulting in promotion to Air Force Colonel. Retired in 2002. Responsibilities included: US Army Field Artillery and Intelligence Officer, US Air Force Deputy Director of Operations, Chief of Strategic Airlift Planning, Director of Safety, Deputy Inspector General and Command Center Director for US Air Forces Europe.
- Cofounder of Strategic Executive Coaching Inc, Atlanta GA.and Washington DC from 2001-2016. Involved in all facets of small business start up, marketing, graphic arts, international training and operations for 15 years.
- Operated aircraft for Braniff International Airlines, Republic Airways, US Airways and the US Air Force, logging 10,000 accident free flight hours. Retired in 2010.
- College Adjunct Professor of Computer Science, American History and Aircraft Safety.
- US Air Force Instructor Pilot with over 5,000 hours of flight instruction in multiple aircraft.
- Field Artillery Battalion Training Officer with the Ohio National Guard.
- Substitute Teacher for the Washington DC Public Schools.
- Master of Political Science, 1994, Auburn University, Montgomery AL
- US Air Force Air War College, 1994, Maxwell AFB AL
- Master of Education, 1992, Westfield College, Westfield MA
- Associate in Business Administration, 1982, Tunxis College, Farmington CT
- Bachelor of Arts in Visual Communication, 1971, Indiana University, Indianapolis IN
- Homeless Advocate for the Resurrection House Sarasota FL.
- Business Start Up Mentor for the Greensboro GA Chamber of Commerce.
- Hospice care representative for Greene County GA.
- Advisor to 3 Condo Association Boards and President of one.
- Advisor to the Board and Chess Instructor of the US Chess Center, Washington DC.
- Board Member and computer instructor for Byte Back Inc. Washington DC, a nonprofit corp teaching underemployed people computer skills.
- Instructor for English as a Second Language (ESL) for Language ETC, Washington DC.
- Instructor for Conversational Spanish for “The Family Place", Washington DC.
- Youth Training Officer for the Civil Air Patrol.
Additional Skills and Certifications
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification.
- FAA Flight Engineer and Airline Transport Pilot Certificates
- Fluent in Conversational Spanish